Watford Grammar School for Boys
Last reviewed December 2021
Your privacy is important to us, and this policy is intended to help you understand how we collect, use, and store information about you.
To facilitate the administration and marketing of our lettings, Watford Grammar School for Boys use BookingsPlus which is a product of Kajima Partnerships Limited.
BookingsPlus is an online application that provides venues with: a website to help promote their facilities; a booking system; online accounts for the venues clients; and the ability for the venues clients to pay for bookings online. All data collected is stored via BookingsPlus on servers hosted by Amazon Web Services located in Ireland. We use carefully chosen suppliers.
· What personal information do we collect?
· How we use your personal information
· How we store and secure information we collect
· How to access your personal information
· Other websites
· How to contact us
What personal information do we collect?
We collect your information as follows:
· When an enquiry/registration is made through the venue marketing website, we collect and store the contact details of the enquirer (name, phone, email), for our use.
· When we add new clients and/or issue them an online account, we store their contact details (name, address, phone, email).
· When we add new users to a client’s account (such as bill payers), we store their name and email.
· We collect documents that have been uploaded by clients and our administrators. These are stored on Amazon S3.
· When we add new bookings, we store financial data related to bookings, prices, invoices/credit notes, payments/refunds made and account balances.
· When a client makes a payment via one of the payment provider options in BookingsPlus, we store the payment reference, the name of the person paying, and the status of the payment, which may include reasons as to why the payment failed.
How we use your personal information
We will use the contact details submitted via our venue marketing websites and sent to our venue email addresses to:
· Contact you regarding the enquiry the enquiry you made.
· Generate a client account on BookingsPlus should the booking go ahead.
· Obtain statistical information about our users, to help us manage our business but this information will be anonymised and not be used to identify any individual user.
We will use the contact details and documentation (training certificates, DBS forms, public liability insurance) on your BookingsPlus client account to:
· Provide you with access to BookingsPlus.
· Administer your account, send you invoices and collect payment from you.
· To ensure we have valid documentation in order for your booking/s to take place.
· Provide customer service to you, and to deal with any enquiries/complaints made by you with regards to your booking/our service.
· Provide a customer account management service to you and keep your details up-to-date.
· Send to you email notifications solely related to your bookings.
· Occasionally email you a link to a feedback survey, for the purposes of improving the BookingsGuru service, but this is entirely optional as to whether you complete it.
· Send to you marketing communications, where you have opted in. Your preferences can be amended at any time, by logging into your online account or emailing your venue administrator.
· Obtain statistical information about our users, to help us manage our business, but this information will be anonymised and not be used to identify any individual user.
When you book a venue, as part of the booking process, you may consent to your name, business and contact details being entered on the booking timetable so that you can promote the business or activity you are using the venue for. If you don’t consent to this, all that will show up on the timetable is the type of activity taking place within that time slot and without any personal information added.
We would like to send you information about our services and other venues which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing in your client account, you may opt out a later date.
You have a right to (at any time) stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please login to your client account at https://my.schoolbookings.co.uk/users/sign_in or email your venue administrator.
How we store and secure information that we collect
Personal information is securely stored on BookingsPlus which is only accessible to a limited number of Kajima Partnerships Limited employees who can only access the information via their unique username and password.
How to access your personal information
Personal information that is collected via our venue marketing websites or via email during the enquiry process, which is not converted to a booking, is permanently deleted following a period of 6 months of inactivity.
If you are an existing client you can view and amend the personal contact details we hold for you, in your online account at https://my.schoolbookings.co.uk/users/sign_in.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our websites and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
1. to the
extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
In the event of any of the above occurring we shall inform you of any such disclosure if lawfully permitted to do so.
How to contact us
If you would like to update any information we hold on you please contact email@example.com
If you would like to complain about how we are using or disclosing your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive information on what personal data of yours we hold please contact us at email@example.com
If you would like to vary how we use your information or contact you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like us to delete your information from our records please contact us at email@example.com
The Data Protection Officer for the school is Andrew Speirs and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org